Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a Family Portrait

I lifted this from Linda's FB account...Thanks Linda..:)



One incident in the Dupac Intermediate School was a wrestle match I had with Rodrigo Esperon. I was smaller in height and build than him. Before we went home after class, we usually played first with friends in the wide grassy expanse of the school's back yard. It was then a beautiful open area. ***At first he was winning ( he was strong ) then I managed to pin him down with my thighs around his neck..I let him go after because I noticed his gums were bleeding. I saw this because all the time, he was smiling as if he was enjoying the sport very much.... He had lots of friends during our Gr. 5- 6 years, but I believe our teachers had a hard time asking him to study his books..Well, who would like to study when there is more to childhood days than being a bookworm..:)Me? I hated studying too during the elementary, even high school years. I prefered reading comic books at home or in the school yard..:D

On April 2009, I met Rodrigo after more than 50 years, maybe. We were not paying attention anymore to the ongoing festivities at the Asingan auditorium. We were joined by Rogelio Vicencio, another classmate from Sanchez...I did not see Rodrigo anymore after the Dupac years, but he told me he stayed in Isabela for a bit looking after some family business. He was wearing a hat. Now I saw that his curly hair was shortened by the passing of the years. But he is still good-looking as ever.

He looked robust but he said he is under medical observation. He invited me and Rogelio to see him the next day in his house. I said yes, but I was picked up the next day by a batch of friends and we went up to Baguio.

That always happens during a holiday in Asingan. One day it is so boring and quiet, and the next day 2 or 3 invitations would arrive at the same time.

I went to Baguio but I was promised I will be back so I could visit Rodrigo. We arrived late in Asingan and I had this migraine because of the cold, rainy weather in Baguio.

Hopefully this time, I will be able to see him.---#

No comments:

Post a Comment